Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"I Have Breast Cancer"

As some of you may have heard this morning on Good Morning America, I have been diagnosed with breast cancer and am currently undergoing treatment.  Of course as those of you who have been affected by breast cancer know, it is daunting journey ahead of me, but one that I am facing head-on…and what a perfect place to do that – here on the Reveille campus, the beautiful shores of Long Lake. 

As I always do, I will be spending my summer (and doing my treatment) up in Maine where Camp Reveille is held.  Reveille has always represented health, rejuvenation, and women’s wellness and I feel lucky that I get to be here in this environment as I embark on this.  I am also uniquely lucky that I have our incredible fitness trainer Beth Bielat who runs our Camp Reveille fitness program with me by my side. 

I want you all to know that Reveille is in full swing and we are planning another fantastic session for all of our women. I will be there to lead the weekend as I always do and I can’t wait to see and meet so many friends, both old and new.  I look forward to the classes and camaraderie, but even more importantly I look forward to the strength that is always felt when we as women gather together to support one another. 

I invite you to read my letter posted on my JoanLunden.com blog, and as always please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you might have.  We are always here to help make your camp experience the best getaway of your summer! 

Read Joan’s Personal Letter


No comments:

Post a Comment