Friday, February 28, 2014

Heart Month Camper Spotlight: Dawn Jacobs

Reveille Camper: Dawn Jacobs 

Camper In: 2013

Dawn's Heart Story: My dog, Thomas, makes it easy to stay fit & heart healthy. He needs to go out and I enjoy walking him in all seasons.  I got a Fit Bit for Christmas and joined a 10k step a day challenge.


I know many people hate winter and say it is too cold to exercise outside.  I say there is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing. 10k steps per day is about 4.5 miles. I was surprised how easy it was to clock that many steps on my long dog-walking days.

I have a walking partner that I meet at 5:30 AM, 3 days per week. We easily log 3 miles in about 50 min before the sun is even up and still get to work on time.

Thomas is 9 yrs old and still very much a puppy at heart.  He is in great shape for a dog his age.  And he has a girlfriend on our walks, Lila (a labradoodle who he adores!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment