Monday, February 10, 2014

Heart Month Camper Spotlight: Rivka Cohen

Reveille Camper:  Rivka Cohen from Sunny Isles Beach, Florida

Camper in: 2010 - 2014


Rivka's Heart Story: I am getting a stress test done today at Dr Pianko in my area, he's the best BEST Dr.!  I like to take care of my body and be sure I am well.  My father and my mother both had heart disease and I feel it is better to be on the safe side and take care of your health with routine check ups. 

A stress test is a an important way of measuring your cardiovascular fitness.  It is done by monitoring the heart rate during a period of increasingly strenuous exercise. It is not a scary test or something that judges how in shape you are, it is a way of monitoring your heart health.  This is something that can be done proactively, rather than waiting to be diagnosed with heart disease.  Heart disease can be prevented with wellness care such as these types of tests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment